Give your pup these chicken jerky treats as an alternative to the store-bought raw hides. The jerky is tough and chewy, so it keeps your dog occupied for a while, and the chicken has a good amount of protein, which is good for a dog’s muscle structure.
2 to 4 chicken breasts
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove any excess fat from the chicken. Turn the chicken breast on its side and use a paring knife to slice the chicken breast into 1/8 inch thick strips.
- Set the strips on a baking sheet. Bake for 2 hours.
- Check the chicken before removing from the oven. It should be dry and hard, not soft or chewy. Allow the chicken to cool completely before serving.
- Store the jerky in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.